Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk Tee Higgins for a minute.
(12-25-2020, 05:14 AM)Benton Wrote: Palmer, brady, warner and other qbs had good runs after knee injuries. 

Yeah, it would've been great to have a decent line in front of him. We haven't drafted well on the ol in several years. I don't get the logic is passing on one of the best qb prospects in years to draft line prospects that weren't that good. Honestly, it was a great time to draft a QB, a bad time to draft a lineman.

If I'm remembering right, the first tackle off the board on 2020 has been around the worst starting tackles in 2020.

I don't disagree with your logic, but the timing was great for a qb, horrible for building a line

It didn't have to be the first tackle off of the board. The highest team that was seriously trying to get Burrow was Carolina at #8. I wanted to trade down with them, pick up at least a 1st rounder next year and their 2nd round pick this year . . . and then shop the #8 for another trade down to the late teens or early 20s to hopefully pick up yet another 1st rounder for next years draft. I'm with Fred about Hart. I felt that he was better last year than this year or his first year. I wanted the top interior linemen drafted for Mixon and if a tackle falls to the 3rd, great. The first Center went to the Saints at #24 and the first Guard selected was taken right after the Panthers 2nd round pick, which I assume would have been Cincinnati's.

What bothered me on the 2nd day is that they took the 6th rated WR over the top guard when OL was a pressing need. He's good, 3rd most receptions for rookies, 3rd most yards and tied for 3rd in TDs, but this team needed OL.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk Tee Higgins for a minute. - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-25-2020, 06:27 AM