Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
I like when the Cincinnati Bengals win football Games
(12-25-2020, 03:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are correct, sir.

The Bengals didn't go all in....that would have included getting what you could for Dunlap, Green, Atkins, etc. last year.  They didn't.  They thought with a new QB, the few moves in FA and a solid draft would make them competitive.  It didn't.  I hope they realize their mistake (insert nasty comments about the history of the franchise and never learning from their mistakes) and move on from the last of the "old guard" and finish the rebuild. 

I am in the camp (I am not sure it is a popular camp) that believes the team can be very good NEXT YEAR with just a few more pieces.  

My point of bringing up the Dolphins isn't so much comparing rebuilds, but just the point of how they could have had Burrow or a much higher first pick but they won some games down the stretch and it didn't really hurt their draft stock in the end.  They ended up getting their QB anyways.

Maybe the Bengals lose Sewell, and maybe they are not offered a haul of picks from a QB-starved team (which I would love) but if they are able to build some momentum and have a nice finish to end the season it could have a positive effect on the buy-in from the younger players.  

I think it is all academic as I doubt they win either of the last two games.  Finley caught lightening in a bottle that night and it is unlikely to work again.  Boyd appears to be out injured, as are a few other key players.  The Texans are not a good team, but Deshawn Watson at home will still be hard to stop and I would imagine the Bengals won't score a lot.  

Count me in the same camp.

I think we added some good pieces the last two years and we've gotten rid of some dead weight (and will be getting rid of some more). I really think the right 3-4 players, we will be competitive. But I also think if Joe hadn't gotten injured, we would've been sitting around now with 6-7 wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I like when the Cincinnati Bengals win football Games - Benton - 12-25-2020, 05:35 PM
Finishing the season - SuperBowlBound! - 12-26-2020, 08:30 PM