Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I rather be Bengals Defense now than?
(12-26-2020, 03:05 AM)J24 Wrote: There going to lose all three of Lawson, Jackson, and  Alexander. 

To me Alexander is a non issue because Phillips is a natural Nickle and I would say is a better playmaker than Alexander ( I think Alexander is a good player but replaceable.

Jackson is gone some team is going to offer him big $ in the off-season.

Lawson should be tagged but this front office doesn't do that a whole lot. To me though you trade him for a 2nd RD pick or multiple thirds(if tagged).  I don't think a long term contract is in his future here.

If they sign both Lawson & Jackson that opens up the draft but if not Edge and CB jump to #1 and #2 on the list.

Alexander is a much more physical player than Phillips and a better tackler.  That's why the signed him.  I agree about Phillips as a player, but I could easily see them using him on the boundary, or at least giving him a shot at it if Jackson leaves and they don't find a high-level replacement in FA or the draft. 

I believe Lawson will be here next year, either on the tag or re-signed long term.  He was one of the few defenders of Anarumo when things started melting down, and I think the staff and ownership will value him quite a bit.  

People (not saying you) keep behaving like the Bengals just can't afford to keep expensive FAs or sign outside ones.  This is as far from true as it gets.  This team has a metric shit ton of freed up cash after the season, and likely more when guys like Geno and Hart are let go.  What seems more likely: Bengals let WJ3, Lawson, and Mac all walk and spend a fat stack of cash on outside FAs, or Bengals pay big money to an in-house guy and spend moderately on outside help?  I know which one I think is more likely.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I rather be Bengals Defense now than? - samhain - 12-26-2020, 12:29 PM