Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone on here see any truth in moving Wiiliams inside?
(12-26-2020, 05:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ok. Well, I guess I never realized a G made less than a T? Holy shit, I think I've been a fan of the Bengals too long. That sounded something like Mike Brown would say.  Wink

Yeah, that's where we ran into an issue with Zeitler. He was a guard that wanted tackle money. We were going by the existing guard scale and passed. 

Our line has been in bad shape pretty much since then.

As to the OP, no idea. Coming out Jonah was the highest ranked tackle at defending the pass (in the 90s) and second best at the run (like 83?). Given that he will have about the same experience as Sewell, no idea if they view it as open competition, or if they'll look to Jonah having a little more experience, or if they'll look to move him because he's apparently made of paper mache. You need consistency at LT and Jonah may there all season or he may not see the field.

Which bums me out. I thought he was a great pick, but then we've seen the guy half a season in two years.

Anyway, from what I've seen and read, Sewell has good speed, which you can use at either tackle. He's immovable in pass protection or he can get a few steps downfield to open up running lanes. Either way, he's got a spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone on here see any truth in moving Wiiliams inside? - Benton - 12-26-2020, 07:59 PM