Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned in the past few weeks?
(12-28-2020, 01:07 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Geno is a first ballot HoF and has been one of the best All around Dts the past decade. What you say makes no sense.
2.) Our pass rush sucks ass. So yeah we need as many pass rushers we can get in the off-season.

I agree. But is not logical to expect a pass rush from the interior linemen. Geno is a freak. A 4th rounder that outperformed everyone drafted above him. But he has always been weak against the run, almost a non-factor. He's like Sam Adams. They'd let him push by, make one cut and there's a huge opening in the middle vacated by Geno. It stands out even more considering how incredibly weak Cincy was at LB in the last 20 years out side of Burfict. He made a couple of plays in one game late last season(Miami game maybe) and much of the sports bar I was at all let me know, "See! He can make plays in the backfield". The reason is, they all talked about how great he was rushing the passer. I pointed out all year how weak he was against the run and showed him getting pushed around and off of the ball on replays.

Beating someone when they are backing up is one thing. Beating someone when they are coming straight at you is something else entirely. Geno is outstanding at one and not at the other. Watch Mike Daniels on running plays. He holds the line, often dictating the direction he is going. I don't see that with Geno.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have we learned in the past few weeks? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-28-2020, 01:46 AM