Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned in the past few weeks?
(12-28-2020, 01:50 AM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I agree that building up the offense is the best plan. To many holes to fill in one year so prioritizing the offense to ensure that Burrows grows is the most important step for next year. They need an OT, OG, TE and WR3. XSF or Spain would be fine with one starting and the other as the first one off the bench. Sewell is my dream first pick but could live with Slater. I think signing Thuney or Scherff would be great but hard to imagine the Bengals landing one of the elite free agents. But I can dream. I think they need a good third WR not an elite top five pick like Chase. They don't need three great WRs with Burrows as the QB. A good third WR who can stretch the field either with RAC or deep speed would round out the group. CJ's contract may be too rich in a year when the salary cap is going down and they may be able to get a guy like Everett for the same money. I like Gio but do they really need 16 million being spent on RB? I wonder if he would come back cheaper? Again, I think this year, with so many teams up against the cap, Gio is pretty expensive.

I think the Bengals should have lots of money for FA this year if they play it right. Hart, Gio, CJ, Geno, Finney frees up an additional 30 million. There likely will be more cuts than usual if the cap goes down.

Why is everyone wanting to cut Gio? He has shown in the last two wins how valuable of a piece to the offense he is.. cutting him just creates another hole that you'd need to fill.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have we learned in the past few weeks? - Murdock2420 - 12-28-2020, 01:54 AM