Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned in the past few weeks?
(12-28-2020, 01:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish his name really was Bort Bortles...LOL

Yes, the Pats went to the playoffs, but they got bounced in the wild card game, at home. Pretty bad for that franchise.

And I disagree that Belichick should have pulled the trigger on a different QB. It wouldn’t have mattered with what they have on offense. Their leading WR is an UDFA (Jakobi Meyers) with like 600 yds. Absolutely no way they’re a contender with that offense. They would never be able to keep up with teams like KC or Buffalo. Idc who the QB was.

It actually made sense to see if Cam could make up for the holes on offense with his legs. Hasn’t worked out, but I get the thinking behind it. At this point they need to go into full rebuild mode, and fix that offense.

But back to the Bengals. I agree OL and DL are our biggest needs. But the 1st round pick doesn’t have to automatically be used there. We can utilize FA (hopefully a OG), pick a DE in the 2nd etc. I just don’t want to get too locked in on any one position and miss out on a special talent (like a Pitts) because of the “shiny toy” mentality. I get that you have to balance need with BPA, but really no position other than QB, RB, and safety should be off the board with any given pick.

If they go skill position, I'd like speed at the WR spot...but only if Sewell isn't there. If he is, pull the trigger, get a G in FA as well as a burner.

I wish that was really his name too...lol. I have laughed at that since the first time I saw Nately type it.

I mean, I guess it was worth a shot, but with that bum shoulder, I'm not sold it was a good gamble. When I said contender in the east, I meant vying for the division, or perhaps a wild card with better QB play. Michele is a good back, so is Damien Harris, and Burkhead is a solid situational back. Seems they whiffed on Harry...and the WRs are weak. That said, with good QB play, mostly the same squad was a playoff team. They generally block well.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have we learned in the past few weeks? - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-28-2020, 01:46 PM