Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned in the past few weeks?
(12-28-2020, 12:32 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You do need both....but you can win games with good blocking and good pressure and average skill players. Remember Bort Bortles going to the AFCCG?

With stellar oline play, you can make some mediocre skill players look good, not great. With stellar skill players and shit oline, you can't win. As proof, I give you the Cincinnati Bengals. The Lions make a case too.

So they should spend on the line right now.

Absolutely! Spot-on! What needs to also be said is even with the best offensive linemen on the roster they can’t do jack squat without a coach who teaches a proper scheme — and right now the Bengals do not have one. Even if Penei Sewell did end up in Cincinnati he would still be mentored by Jim Turner and I want better.

Also, the defensive line needs a new coach and a better scheme too. On good defenses against the run the linemen lead in tackles but on bad defenses the secondary leads in tackles. Guess where the Bengals are? Not good; that I can tell you. How many sacks does the defense have? I think we’re last in the league or close to it. The Bengals don’t get pressure on the quarterback and the same technique is used to stop running backs behind the line of scrimmage.

Sunset and Wyche, two of my favorite posters, have nailed it once again. The greatest coaches built their dynasties from the trenches outward: Brown in Cleveland, Lombardi in Green Bay, Noll in Pittsburgh, Landry and Johnson in Dallas, and Belichick in New England. Now we’re starting to see this in New Orleans as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have we learned in the past few weeks? - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-28-2020, 02:06 PM