Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don’t Confuse “Cincinnati Good” with “NFL Good.”
We love our Bengals but sometimes this means using TOUGH love.

It’s time for some tough love, just in time for the last game of the season, and no one wants the Bengals to wreck the Ravens more than I.

Sometimes familiarity becomes TOO familiar if you know what I mean. While the Bengals will win four or five games this year we need to think seriously about how to get to the playoffs consistently again. I’ve mentioned this before but “Cincinnati good” and “NFL good” are often mutually exclusive. If you watch other games not involving the Bengals you’ll see exactly what I mean. We love our particular players and we get emotionally involved in their success but we need to get real.

VERY real!

How many players on the Bengals’ roster could honestly make the roster of a Super Bowl team? Jessie Bates? Gio Bernard? Sam Hubbard? Tee Higgins? Maybe Joe Burrow?

I don’t use PFF grades but right now there is a dearth of championship caliber players on the current Bengals’ roster. Let’s start making some smart personnel decisions and look to the near future. There is deadwood which needs to be cut, players whose potential turned out to be less than anticipated, and those who would make for a good trade bait.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Don’t Confuse “Cincinnati Good” with “NFL Good.” - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-28-2020, 02:32 PM