Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned in the past few weeks?
(12-28-2020, 02:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Here's the problem with banging the drum for a high pick pass catching TE (in other words a receiver not a blocker). If Zac is back said player will not have routes designed to use them (seams). His offense really is a base 3 WR offense. So if we are stuck with Zac and Sewell is not there Chase is the better offensive value as after Tee and Tyler the quality in the WR room takes a big dive. We can get more OL help in Rds 2-3 - again assuming Sewell gone.

As to Gio to be honest I'd rather have him back there than Mixon. Gio is probably the best pass protection back in the NFL, a good receiver and shifty runner who does nothing but produce every time he gets the chance. Perine seems to be developing as a power back for us. Mixon for his good points is just not the rounded player Gio is.

Also, while Hart did handle JJ Watt note that the offensive alignment had Sample next to Hart most of the time so Hart had help.

I agree in getting Chase over a tight end if Sewell is not there. Zak uses his TE to block a lot but Sample has been no match for a good DE.
I have always said Gio is really good at picking up blitzes. That is where Mixon gets a bad grade from me. He looks like he would rather sneak out of the backfield for a screen rather than pick up blitzing LB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have we learned in the past few weeks? - SuperBowlBound! - 12-28-2020, 09:45 PM