Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3?
(12-29-2020, 01:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Then watch the film with ur eyes. Throw on the Florida tape. He’s great 0-15 yards, but deeper u get the father apart he gets.

Nope. Watched the entire game. He didn't get run by even one single time

First thing i noticed was how he brought down Toney in the open field on Florida's opening kick return and on the 2nd pass of the game. Perfect form tackle--wrapped him up and drove through his body. 

Once in the first half he got "beat" by Pitts for a 7 yd gain on a slant. 

2nd half, Pitts had 2 20+ yard catches when near Surtain. Neither one was his responsibility, while he was in zone. I noticed 2 PBUs in the 4th quarter and he was physical during the game, kept outside contain on a couple runs and had no trouble keeping up with anyone. 

Here's the fun(ny) part. 

I think it was right before the half (i watched the game a couple hrs ago and didn't get a chance to reply here at work), Grimes caught a long touchdown with Surtain defending him. Only problem for you is, he didn't run by or past him. Surtain did not bite on the double move and was actually on top of the receiver. Trask threw back shoulder and Surtain lost sight of the ball (looked like he thought it was overthrown). Grimes hauled it in for the TD, but Surtain was right on him. 

Nothing, and i mean absolutely nothing in that game showed he couldn't keep up with WRs past 10-15 yds. There were a couple deep balls on the other side of the field (2 or 3 iirc) and when they went to the 'all 22' camera, you could see Surtain running stride for stride with his man on the other side of the field. 

Trask, like a lot of others, didn't even bother to look his way 95% of the time. QBs do that for a reason. 

Not sure if you watched the game and thought he played bad, or if TDN told you he played bad in that game. Either way, you're both way wrong. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3? - rfaulk34 - 12-29-2020, 07:51 PM