Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don’t Confuse “Cincinnati Good” with “NFL Good.”
(12-29-2020, 09:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: To answer your question

KC- Mahomes/Hill/Kelce/Jones
SEA - Metcalf/Wilson/Wagner/Adams
GB- Rodgers/Adams/Jones/Alexander

The running trend here is you need at least 4 elite guys to be a serious threat to win a SB with another group of 4 or 5 good players to go with them. The Bengals have Bates in the elite tier, and Reader could be one of those guys when he is healthy. You are then looking to Burrow and maybe a guy like Higgins or Mixon taking the next step. After that filling in with guys like a Lawson/Hubbard/Wilson/Boyd/ WJ3 could give you a group in the following tier. If you look at those teams they all have a QB and an elite weapon, that is what this team will need I think to make the jump and we have the potential for those on the roster. 

I think the emergence of Higgins has been undersold a bit here, even though it is mentioned around here occasionally. If it weren't for Justin Jefferson having an insane year I think people would be talking nationally about how great a pick Higgins really was. He has outperformed Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs/Reagor/Ayiuk up to this point and he has a shot this week to surpass 1k yards as a rookie. Had he been with a healthy Burrow all year there is no doubt he would have surpassed 1k yards on the year as he has really started showing some really good body control and tracking ability down the field lately. 

Agreed --I think Higgins and Boyd compliment each other well and with a healthy Burrows will put pressure on Defenses. Especially with a healthy Mixon who I think can give even more in the passing game. This offense is poised to make a big jump next year if they can add a few good pieces to the O-Line. 

I'm not sure that Reader will be elite but I will admit that I wasn't sold that Bates was going to emerge as the star he has become
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don’t Confuse “Cincinnati Good” with “NFL Good.” - CanadianBengal - 12-30-2020, 12:11 AM