Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned in the past few weeks?
(12-30-2020, 01:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't his blocking the reason they jumped to get him? They knew they needed a good Blocking TE because of our o line.

It wasn't just his blocking, they thought that he had potential as a receiver and that he was underutilized as a pass-catching TE at Washington and also suffered behind horrible QB play.  I think he caught something ridiculous like 100% of his targets.  They liked his versatility and character.  

I think he has been brought along just fine and could see him getting more pass receptions next season and being the TE #1 as CJ works to return from injury.  

A lot of people didn't think very highly of Tyler Boyd after his second season put him in Marv's dog house and had various injuries as well as a decline in his play.   He blew up in year three with his first 1000 yard season and has become Mr. Reliable in the middle of the field.  

My hope is they further develop those TE screens for blitzes like they utilized so effectively in the second game against the Browns.  Sample had 5 EASY receptions for 52 yards and helped move the chains with near-zero risk pass plays.  

I want to see our RBs and TEs more involved in the passing game yet still get Chase with our first pick to open everything else up.  I know Burrow can read a defense and go through progressions very quickly.  Give him options and some quick dump-offs to protect him in blitz situations and the offense will soar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have we learned in the past few weeks? - SHRacerX - 12-30-2020, 01:49 PM