Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell shutting down higher stimulus checks?
(12-30-2020, 06:42 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Even the income-based criteria isn't a catch all. And I'm a fine example. I'm a state worker. In March they sent me home, and I only got called back in September. But that entire time I was getting my paycheck, accruing my PTO and hell, even got my annual raise. I'll take free money if the government wants to give it to me, but the $1,700 that I got didn't go back into the economy, It's in the market and it's now about $3,000. 

It would take a much smarter mind than mine to do better targeted stimulus that doesn't have a lot of beurocracy to it, but I think that is what Fred is after.

That is putting it into the economy. You purchased assets. That put that money into the economy...
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McConnell shutting down higher stimulus checks? - Belsnickel - 12-30-2020, 07:52 PM