Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals can create more cap space in 2021, by extending players this week.
I could see the Bengals making offers to WJIII, Lawson, and Alexander under this provision.

I believe Lawson will expect WAY more money on the open market than the Bengals offer, and will decline. He is my primary candidate for the franchise tag. This is a historically weak pass rushing class. I would tag him and make that debate next year if he stays healthy and produces all of next year.

I would offer WJIII a contract, but it would not be as much as Waynes. And that would likely be tough to swallow for WJIII. It has to do with a lack of consistency and turnovers. If he won't accept (and I am assuming he won't), then I see him leaving the Bengals.

Mckenzie Alexander was an absolute steal this year...I can't believe he made less money than Shawn Williams this year. Disgusting. Dude deserves the contract but if he won't sign for around $7-8 million per (I am far from a contract expert and don't have any competitive contracts at his tier of play and position) the Bengals could move Phillips back to the slot and try and sign another CB or draft one early.

That approach worries me. I would hope the Bengals step up for WJIII and watch Waynes very closely next year. As I understand it, they can get out of Waynes contract without much penalty after the 2nd year. That guy may never be good again for all we know. I hate the idea of entering 2021 with him as the #1 CB on the team.

I would rather lose out on Geno, Hart, and a few others than risk losing WJIII.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals can create more cap space in 2021, by extending players this week. - SHRacerX - 12-31-2020, 04:19 PM