Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals can create more cap space in 2021, by extending players this week.
(12-31-2020, 02:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Honestly? I don't particularly care about the defense this offseason. The vast majority of all draft capital and FA $ needs to be spent on the offense. They already tried spending on defense in FA, and it got them a hurt QB, a bad defense, and a losing record. Surround Burrow with all the OL and offensive weapons you can possibly draft and buy, then worry about defense. 

This league has gotten horribly stilted towards offense, so roll with it. Make sure your future franchise QB is protected and can thrive.

There are 12 teams with 10+ wins right now. 
-10 of those 12 teams are Top-12 in Scoring Offense.
-7 of those 12 teams are Top-12 in Scoring Defense.

Score points first. Then worry about stopping scoring.  

- - - - - - - - - -
(Interesting side fact, the Browns are the only 10+ win team this year to not be Top-12 in either.)

I'm all for pressures and all that, but at some point you need to tangibly produce. It's been 3 years and he's never finished like his rookie year. If you pressure the passer and slide off him, that isn't getting it done. There's too many QBs who can throw on the move out of the pocket now for that to be enough. 

Paying a 5 sack guy like he's a 12 sack guy because of pressures is going to backfire big time. Even without taking Lawson's injury history into account.

I definitely understand your point that he needs to "get home" more, but there's a difference between a 5-sack guy who only gets like 20 pressures and Lawson, who has over 40 pressures.

Carlos Dunlap got paid $13.5 mill APY and only hit double-digit sacks one season in his entire career.
So yes, Lawson is going to get paid rather well from some team who believes he'll turn all those pressures into more sacks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals can create more cap space in 2021, by extending players this week. - ochocincos - 12-31-2020, 05:24 PM