Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-01-2021, 01:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am looking at this situation with all sincerity, and I look at ZT as handed a horrible situation.  What did I like best about Marvin?  Player evaluation.  He knew talent, but I HATED his taking character risks...and he didn't ever seem to learn when rumors swirled that his hatred for Ross was due in part to the fact that he wanted Reuben Foster...a colossal douchebag.  I don't think Marv is innovative in any way and just a good "overall guy".  What I believe separates Belichick from the crowd is his ability to alter game plans to each individual opponent.  I never saw this in Marv.  

Regardless of the past, I think ZT has shown a couple positives:  his team is still playing hard for him.  He has players that are seemingly "on his side" once the "old guard" that was most vocal in opposition was sent packing.  The problem was, the Bengals didn't go "all in".  They went halfway.  They should have gotten what they could for Dunlap, Geno, and AJ BEFORE this season.  Then, you have the opportunity to create the new culture from the start.  Year 1 was to evaluate.  Year 2 should have been what the Dolphins did.  You think they are pretty happy with that Texan's first round pick now?  As of today, it is the #4 overall pick.  Nice move.  

It isn't too late.  Move on from Geno and AJ and have maybe a couple FAs, a solid draft, and upgrades at the OC and DC positions and you could surprise people in 2021.  Dip your toes in and just go halfway again, and you will likely end up with the same results.  

Yep

Classic Mike Brown, never proactive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - bengalfan74 - 01-01-2021, 02:10 PM