Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals can create more cap space in 2021, by extending players this week.
I am not a huge fan of Lawson but he is the best DE we have at rushing the passer. He definitely is not a Franchise tag player, but I think his sacks would go up with better players around him. No interior push allowed the QB to step up and Lawson flew past. A good DE or a healthy Hubbard all year may have turned pressures into sacks. Also for many games the CB's were really weak so rarely did the opposing QB have to hold onto the ball. Finally, the Bengals continue to struggle in guarding TE and RB's so dumping off when under pressure takes away sack opportunities. It is hard to evaluate a player on a bad defense by stats alone. It is a team sport.

I would offer Lawson and WJIII contracts around $12 mil per year. You gotta pay somebody and if the only way they could convince Waynes to come is $14 mil per, it makes sense to try and keep both of these guys if can get them on board for around $12 mil per year
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals can create more cap space in 2021, by extending players this week. - CanadianBengal - 01-01-2021, 08:12 PM