Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals can create more cap space in 2021, by extending players this week.
(01-01-2021, 09:07 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: Thanks for calling me out about backing my opinion with facts  Wink

My opinion was that they gave up a lot of easy yards to RB and TE. But would agree that it is not as bad as other years. 

I decided to fact check my "eye test". 

It appears that they have allowed RB's to gain 26.5 yards on 3.3 receptions per game which would place them fifth best in the league. So clearly they are much much better. Last year they gave up 48.5 yards per game on 4.8 receptions 

TE's have gained 64 yards on 5.2 receptions per game against them which places them as the second worst in the league. Last year they gave up 49 yards per game against the TE on 4.1 receptions per game.

So I guess I was partly right and partly wrong. 

Good stuff, thanks for looking it up.  I was pretty certain that they were getting burnt way less on screens and dumps to the RBs on the edges, but I'm actually surprised that they are giving up more to TEs in the middle of the field.

I guess when building their defensive strategy, they decided that RBs on the outside were doing more damage than TEs over the middle?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals can create more cap space in 2021, by extending players this week. - SunsetBengal - 01-01-2021, 09:15 PM