Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-02-2021, 01:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: WTF?  The Bengals hit with Gruden and Zimmer.  They did not with the likes of Anarumo or Callahan/Turner.  Please tell me how that isn't true?  Please illustrate how Marvin had ANYTHING to do with the likes of a Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer, who were not really hot commodities around the league.  

Glad you joined in to throw your usual assbaggery around.  But you must not have even understood the original point.  Marvin's "respect around the league" had nothing to do with these also-rans (at the time) being hired.  

Marvin Lewis, at the time he was hired through (I would guestimate) 80% of his time in Cincy, was tremendously respected around the league and by his peers. He had put in the time and had skins on the wall. His peers have mainly retired or the league has moved on.

I don't doubt that Marvin was able to sway certain coaches off the fence to come to Cincy or stay. Gruden, Zimmer, & Vance Joseph are three that come to mind. Hue Jackson is a really good offensive coach and he came back repeatedly.... perhaps through necessity. 

The Bengals had a stable of excellent coaches and some horrifically bad ones as well, under Marvin. Leslie Frazier also went on to be a head coach along with the 4 mentioned above, while Chuck Bresnahan is on a milk carton somewhere.

I think where Zac struggled with getting coaches is 1: He has a poor NFL and college resume. 2: He is young. Like, who does he really know in the NFL? 3: He was hired ultra late.... and 4: He works for the Bengals.

1 good year and I think the Bengals could have a lot of young coaches lining up. For what it's worth, I love Brian Callahan.... Just bummed ZT couldn't get his dad & father in law, bIll, to come to Cincy as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - PDub80 - 01-02-2021, 03:02 PM