Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-02-2021, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can throw around all the childish person insults you want, but the fact is that you first claimed that the front office helped Marvin by giving him desirable assistants like Urban and VanPelt

Then when someone pointed out that these coaches were more willing to work with a reputable HC like Marvin Lewis you started squealing about how none of the assistants were desirable and the Bengals just got lucky when they hired some "also rans".

So which is it?  

Fred saying you have childish person(al) insults is like being called short by a dwarf.  

Urban and Van Pelt were great assistants, but not coordinators.  I frankly don't care how great your assistant is if your coordinators aren't strong.  Right now, I know little to nothing about the assistant position coaches on this team.  What I do know is Callahan, Turner, and Anarumo likely didn't have NFL coaching gigs if they weren't hired here.

What I also know is that Gruden and Zimmer showed enough to be offered NFL head coaching positions.  You think that would ever happen for Callahan or Anarumo?  Those guys couldn't get a HC gig in the weakest of college conferences.  

But the point you keep missing is that those guys didn't come in as highly sought after as they left.  They proved themselves AFTER THEY GOT HERE.  Their desire to play here vs. other coaches not wanting to play for ZT had nothing to do with "respect" of either coach.  Del Rio's name keeps getting kicked around as not wanting to coach here because of Taylor.  Really?  How do we know that?  Where was it reported that he said that?  Are you that narrow-minded that you couldn't look at the teams he would face in the AFC North with our roster vs. Washington's division and roster?  But it was because he didn't think much of ZT.  Bullshit.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - SHRacerX - 01-02-2021, 04:26 PM