Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-02-2021, 05:40 PM)Synric Wrote: When they drafted Ogbuehi, Fisher and Price I believe Marvin Lewis was the more likely running things than Tobin. After Lewis was fired Tobin has taken a more prominent role in the organorganization.

I'm betting Duke Tobin's actual GM duties started with the hiring of Taylor and the 2019 draft.

While I'd like to believe this because it means the Bengals only recently turned over GM duties away from Mike Brown,  and also that Tobin wasn't responsible for drafting Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price,  etc,  I don't think this is true. For one thing,  it would mean that ML had much more control over drafting , which I don't believe. Especially because I remember Ross being in Marvin's doghouse for all his rookie year,  and I just don't think Marvin would give so little in the way of opportunities to his handpicked first rounder. 

I hope it's true because it gives hope that the FO is coming around to a more modern NFL structure,  but I don't believe it. Perhaps if they expand the number of scouts,  it will become more believable. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - masterpanthera_t - 01-02-2021, 07:28 PM