Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-03-2021, 09:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah we all know how averse to change this FO is, and that's the ultimate problem in Bengal-dumb.

So if necessary changes are obvious and all we get is a couple guys leaving for other jobs, I'd say we'd all be disappointed.

Both with the change itself and the FO.

That's all I'm saying.

I'm probably in the minority, but I see changes in the behavior of the FO in the last couple of years.  

It seems likely that for better or worse, Katie and Troy are running things to a much larger extent.  They also seem far more willing to break with how they've customarily operated over the Mike Brown years.  They cut guys with time left on deals.  They give a new coach free reign to build a staff practically from scratch.  They spend serious money on free agents, and are active all year long.  

I think the family genuinely wants to get the team back on a winning track, and get fans spending money on tickets. They might even want to make the team more attractive to the city for a new stadium deal or perhaps a new city for a potential money-grab move.  It's getting into lost decade territory at this point.  

I wouldn't bet a large amount of money on Zac being gone, but I think it's possible that the family gets pretty drastic this offseason.  Do they want to waste another year on Zac if they feel A: he's not up to it, or B: a better candidate for the job is available now?  If they keep Zac and he comes out of the gate and loses 5 or 6 games, that's a wasted season after 2 where he's shown to be awful.  They have a lot to think about.  If they waste Burrow's affordable years on seasons like this and continue to get him killed on the field, then all of the things that were said about them in th draft process of 2020 will be proven in real time for all to see.  I'd like to think they might want to avoid that scenario.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - samhain - 01-03-2021, 10:04 PM