Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
(01-04-2021, 11:39 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That's a very odd way for him to start his official statement ("Our fans wanted a fresh new direction two years ago").

There is no doubt the fans wanted change at that time, he's not wrong about that.  But it almost reads like "You wanted change, well you got it".  

The reason I say this is because it's strange he didn't see the word "we" in there.  As in "we wanted a fresh new direction".  Did the Brown family not want this change, are we not all in this together.

Rarely do you hear teams speak in this way.  Even if moves are made with the fans wishes in mind they don't present changes made in that manner.

I read into that as well, meaning he didn't want to get rid of ML.  I think those two were really really close and it was probably one of his hardest decisions.  And rightfully so... ML basically resurrected a dead Bengals team.  Prior to ML we were absolutely the laughing stock.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - wildcatnku24 - 01-04-2021, 11:40 AM
Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - GodFather - 01-07-2021, 07:23 PM
RE: Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - bfine32 - 01-07-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - bfine32 - 01-07-2021, 10:53 PM