Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
(01-04-2021, 11:57 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I disagree.  He took on a heck of a challenge, and the W/L column reflects that.  We're lying to ourselves if we expected some miraculous stuff this quickly.  In no way am I giving him a "free pass" for this year, but I do think he's earned a third year based on a few things....

1. The team has been fun to watch.  As a fan, this is a high priority for me.  
2. The team has looked competitive and has fought for a win.  As a fan, this is a high priority for me.
3. The team tried something different with a new-age HC and spent a bunch in FA to put their money where their mouth is.  As a fan, this is also a priority for me.  

Man, I love your optimism.  But I don't share it.  Zac came in and took over ML's 6-win team and dropped them to 2 wins.  This past year they added a number of FAs and had another draft and ended up still in the basement.  Even with another active FA period and a good draft, I can't see this team topping .500.  Enough to give Zac another year, I'm sure, but just another wasted year for the team with Burrow on his rookie contract.  

The thing is, teams in the NFL can turn around in a year or two with the right coaches and approach.  This team on a seeming 5-year plan is insanity.  And such a waste of the window they have right now.  

I'll keep following the team because they're my team.  But I'm not going to invest my Sundays next year any more than I did this year.  I sure as hell won't put a dime in the pockets of The Family.  I always hope for the best, I just don't see how Zac suddenly becomes some hero coach in his 3rd year when all he's shown us is crap the first 2. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - MileHighGrowler - 01-04-2021, 12:08 PM
Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - GodFather - 01-07-2021, 07:23 PM
RE: Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - bfine32 - 01-07-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - bfine32 - 01-07-2021, 10:53 PM