Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
(01-04-2021, 12:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're something else.

No one is complaining that he listens to fans.  No would is disputing fans wanted change either.  No one is saying his statement is incorrect (I even said this exact thing in my post about this topic)

What is raising people's eyebrows is why he felt the need to brining up the fans wishes when trying to sell us on this coach for year 3.  What does the fans wanting change in 2019 have to do with whether a coach is fit to lead the team in 2021?  How are they related?

And just because the fans wanted change does not mean the fans wanted to lose.  It doesn't mean they specifically wanted Zac Taylor either.

I fail to see what the fans wanted then has to do with anything right now.  It's an odd thing to reference.  It's even odder to not represent the desire for change as "we wanted".

You're wrong on this.  Countless people have locked on to that statement.  It's either one of two things: 

1.) A subtle dig at the fans
2.) A terribly worded PR statement.

Take your pick.

To add to your statements,  the fans have been wanting a larger scouting dept, and a new true GM and likely an indoor practice facility too. It's funny that making a coaching change after a historically long 16 year run of no playoff wins needs to be considered a gift by the fans,  a symbol of Mike graciously giving us what we want.  Nevermind the thirty year playoff win drought he had inflicted on the city after the city graciously gave him one of the sweetest deals ever. This is about as rich as it gets. I say that as someone who doesn't live in Cincy. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - masterpanthera_t - 01-04-2021, 01:58 PM
Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - GodFather - 01-07-2021, 07:23 PM
RE: Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - bfine32 - 01-07-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: Mike Brown Being Spiteful? - bfine32 - 01-07-2021, 10:53 PM