Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching?
(01-04-2021, 07:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I could.  Wanna know how?

I'd be like the majority of owners and use all of my money to bring in other people to run my team.  I'd hire advisors, search commitees, and the sort to help start to build out my front office.  From there I'd step back and let the people who are actually qualified make the decisions.  And if they weren't successful, I'd use my tremendous resources to find people who were.

Trust me when I say that I do not think I'm some sort of NFL genius, but I could wipe the floor with the likes of Arthur Blank, Sheila Ford, and Dean Spanos in football knowledge.

You don't need to be on the level of a GM to successfully own an NFL team.  First you have to be rich.  Second, you lean on your what money can bring you; competent people around you.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I somehow switched lives with Mike Brown tommorrow, that this franchise would be immediately better off.  You can scoff at that all you like, but I believe it.  And that goes for any number of other rational people that would approach the situation the same way that I would.

I completely agree with you on the that approach.  That's definitely what I'd do, and based on reading your stuff over the years I know you're smarter at football than me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching? - wildcatnku24 - 01-05-2021, 12:21 PM