Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching?
(01-05-2021, 01:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will take it a step further:  given that many teams may be in cap purgatory moving forward and the fact that the Bengals are still in the rookie wage scale QB years, they should be able to free up some money and add a couple significant FAs while still retaining their key pieces.  

I think Burrow will be ready week 1.  I feel like with a couple more key pieces on offense (the line as we discussed and a WR) that they will be able to trade scores with anyone.  The defense will be a big question mark until we know about WJIII and Lawson, but there is no way they lose both.  I could see WJIII departing and using that first pick on a CB (not what I necessarily want, but I could see it happening).  

They should be able to contend for a playoff spot.  They are in the toughest division in the NFL, no doubt.  It won't be easy, but I see Jackson as limited (although amazing as a runner) and Piggy as fat and done.  It could be Ohio at the top of the AFC North next year.  

Some good moves in FA could make this team competitive, and....like you...I believe that if the line is made at least a bit above average and a burner added, this offense should be able to hang with anyone. 

Defense will be the key to going from an also ran to a serious contender.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching? - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-05-2021, 01:35 PM