Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching?
(01-04-2021, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: -Dunlap was one of the best players on our defense.  The reason we now have to replace him is that our coaches wanted to get rid of him.

-Bates played horrible last year and he has said it was because of communication problems with the coaching staff.

-Both Shawn Williams and Darius Phillips accused our coaches of "wasting talent".

-Andy Dalton had by far the worst season of his career under Taylor in 2019.  He was much better the year before under Lewis and the year after in Dallas.  He was not injured in 2019 so I assume it had a lot to do with the coaching.

-When our O-line gives up sacks it appears it is more often due to the inability to pick up a blitz or a stunt than players getting beaten one-on-one.

-Our defense gets much worse in the final 2 minutes of a half even with the same players on the field.

We lack talent on the offensive line and at DT.  So I am not saying it is 100% coaching.  But it looks like coaching is by far the biggest part of the problem.

- Maybe the coaches got tired of Dunlaps inconsistency.

- Maybe it had something to do with not having AJ Green his number one receiver.

- Take another look at the games in slow motion. They cannot pick up stunts and they get beat plenty of times.

A coach can only coach a player that wants to be coached. He cannot control the effort on game day.

If Dunlap wants to make a business decision and take plays off the coach can't control that.

If he gets on him for his effort the player can get mad and tell a reporter there is problems in the locker room.

Unless you know first hand what really happens between coach and player you really do not know anything.

I do know that ZT was not the only coach questioning Dunlaps effort. Marvin Lewis also questioned his consistency and Dunlap has even admitted it himself.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching? - SuperBowlBound! - 01-06-2021, 12:54 AM