Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching?
(01-08-2021, 02:53 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: There’s a huge difference, I agree.  For me, it’s wanting and hoping the best for the team next year, which in turn means Zac turns it around  and becomes what we wanted/needed when we replaced ML.  

I’m not afraid of snark, so snark away :) 

As you can likely tell, I’m not afraid to have the unpopular opinion, and I’m usually more than okay with the opposite one as long as it isn’t without any logic or reason at all.  I am one of those people that just needs to understand why something the way it is, and then usually I can accept it.  I used to get along with DennyG when I was a different name on the old boards.  Although believe it or not, he was obnoxiously optimistic without any obvious cause even to me.  And that should tell ya something right there, cuz I know my own stance is mind boggling to many of you.  LOL

Before the Bengals officially announced they were bringing Zac back for a 3rd year, were you supportive of him coming back?  I certainly understand hoping he'll win next year and that he'll be the coach to take them to the promised land since he's here.  I absolutely share that hope.  I just also can't look at what he's done and think that he should have been brought back or that he has the skills to take this team where we all want them to go.  I don't think being a Bengals fan and being a Zac fan have to go hand in hand.  Nor do I think being a fan means supporting every decision the team makes.  

I think sometimes we get caught up in the "who's a better fan" game, like at the end of the day when the team finally wins a SB there's some kind of special vindication for those who said they stood by all of the decisions of the org through the years while others doubted.  I don't even know that it's a conscious thing, but I've met a lot of fans over the years who have given me that impression.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching? - MileHighGrowler - 01-08-2021, 12:47 PM