Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching?
(01-08-2021, 12:47 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Before the Bengals officially announced they were bringing Zac back for a 3rd year, were you supportive of him coming back?  I certainly understand hoping he'll win next year and that he'll be the coach to take them to the promised land since he's here.  I absolutely share that hope.  I just also can't look at what he's done and think that he should have been brought back or that he has the skills to take this team where we all want them to go.  I don't think being a Bengals fan and being a Zac fan have to go hand in hand.  Nor do I think being a fan means supporting every decision the team makes.  

I think sometimes we get caught up in the "who's a better fan" game, like at the end of the day when the team finally wins a SB there's some kind of special vindication for those who said they stood by all of the decisions of the org through the years while others doubted.  I don't even know that it's a conscious thing, but I've met a lot of fans over the years who have given me that impression.  

Zac was brought back for a number of reasons,One,Mr. Brown does not like change, and Zac was a all in hire with the whole Brown family and Duke as well. He did have a ton of injuries in key positions,however the guy had a new QB, a new system and a ton of new players,many that are not proven starters,I do believe the wins,losses will be much better barring injuries.
   We have to get a top OL coach that can coach and the players like and learn from. I would go after Dave Lapham in a heart beat and offer him the house,he would take it and we would be a super O-line. Our schedule is scary,I see maybe 8 wins and if possible 9 and a playoff position.That is my take on this,and I hope A.J.Green is back and Geno Atkins as well,A.J. in second year of this offense will go off and play at a Pro-Bowl level.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching? - fortyyearfan - 01-08-2021, 03:34 PM