Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching?
(01-08-2021, 03:34 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Zac was brought back for a number of reasons,One,Mr. Brown does not like change, and Zac was a all in hire with the whole Brown family and Duke as well. He did have a ton of injuries in key positions,however the guy had a new QB, a new system and a ton of new players,many that are not proven starters,I do believe the wins,losses will be much better barring injuries.
   We have to get a top OL coach that can coach and the players like and learn from. I would go after Dave Lapham in a heart beat and offer him the house,he would take it and we would be a super O-line. Our schedule is scary,I see maybe 8 wins and if possible 9 and a playoff position.That is my take on this,and I hope A.J.Green is back and Geno Atkins as well,A.J. in second year of this offense will go off and play at a Pro-Bowl level.

8 or 9 wins in this division right could quite possibly still be last place and miss playoffs completely.  I think you need to be looking at double-digits in the win column to make playoffs out of the AFCN. 

As far as AJ and Geno, I think AJ is done.  I would be very surprised to see him come back, and if he did, I have a hard time seeing him making it back to pro bowl form.  He didn't look lost in the system this year, he looked apathetic.  Geno could still be an interesting rotational piece on the DL and would seem to have juice left, but he hasn't shows dominance under Lou.  I don't foresee a change at DL coach making a difference since Geno didn't have technique issues previously that I can recall.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching? - MileHighGrowler - 01-08-2021, 03:41 PM