Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW IMPORTANT IS GETTING A GOOD O-LINE FOR INJURED BURROW ?
(01-15-2021, 06:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I do not believe for a second that FIK misspelled 'turnstile'. 

? He's right, you know..

Yes, putting a quality line out there for Joe Burrow is of the utmost importance;  Not only to protect Joe's future physical health, but for any hopes of fielding a winning team.

Obviously, I feel like drafting Penei Sewell at #5 is the most obvious no-brainer of all time, if he's there when we pick.  However, he's not going to transform the entire line by himself.  It's also going to take one, likely two proven NFL veterans from free agency to completely get the job done.

Somewhere along the line (slight pun intended) the Bengals lost their way with drafting large men that were vicious blockers.  Somehow, they got caught up in "measurables" and "athletic ability", rather than just judging a players ability based on how he did versus the best he faced, and the good form habits developed from a lifetime of disciplined coaching.  They need to understand that guys aren't going to develop that "love of dominating and inflicting their will upon another large human" at the professional level.  If they didn't have it in college, it ain't in them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW IMPORTANT IS GETTING A GOOD O-LINE FOR INJURED BURROW ? - SunsetBengal - 01-15-2021, 08:15 PM