Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(01-15-2021, 10:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: In totally non-surprising news the NRA is filing for bankruptcy...so they can move to Texas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/nra-files-for-bankruptcy-says-it-will-reincorporate-in-texas.html

POLITICS

It's just political maneuvering, as the article says, to get past how badly they mismanaged all the money given to them.

Some of you have said that it is a good organization for various reasons and so maybe they will use this opportunity to go back to that...but going to Texas where regulations aren't even suggested most of the time I sincerely doubt it.

It's more about escaping a state in which the AG is blatantly abusing their power.  But you don't care about that because they share your politics.  I don't like the NRA leadership, at all, but the NY AG should be censured, at the very least, for this nakedly political attack.  For others reading this, the charges related to misuse of funds are fine, explore these charges and if the apply then try and make the stick.  Dissolving the organization is the partisan hackery I am referring to.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-16-2021, 01:14 AM