Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lapham doubts Bengals will sign proven guard
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/1/19/22236535/nfl-free-agents-2021-dave-lapham-bengals-news

Quote:“I think they’ve got plenty of options inside,” Lapham said on the Bengals Booth Podcast. “I think the veteran players have proven [that] at the end of the season. They got [Xavier] Su’a-Filo [that] knows what he’s doing. There’s no question about it. They’ve got veteran players that have played multiple positions and definitely can play guard.”

We know that Lapham is connected and this fits with what the Bengals have traditionally done, but let's hope he's not right about this being the approach. It would turn off a lot of fans who have grown increasingly frustrated with the Bengals not addressing OL properly for years.

With that said, if they do go this route, I would expect the Bengals to keep Bobby Hart on the roster for his last year, maybe re-sign Spain, and have a planned starting OL of Williams-Spain-Hopkins-XSF-Hart going into the draft. Then they will probably draft a guard and OT. Those draft picks would compete for starting roles but not be forced into starting if Pollack, Callahan, and Taylor don't feel they are ready.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lapham doubts Bengals will sign proven guard - ochocincos - 01-19-2021, 12:14 PM