Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lapham doubts Bengals will sign proven guard
(01-19-2021, 01:48 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I’m so sick of reading about the “options” we have. If we don’t address o-line then there is legitimately no hope for this team. I have never been so fed up with a team in my life. To go out week 17 without a whimper giving up 400 yards rushing and Lou still has a job here is an absolute joke. Don’t feed me the injuries BS. Every single team deals with injuries. Follow that with Hobson and Lap trying to ease fans into the notion the Bengals will doing nothing to address o-line in FA and my disdain for the team is at an all time high.

I think we'll snag a couple good O-line players in FA.  Lapham is stuck in the Bengals of old.  ZT has clearly set the tone with spending in FA and I think we'll see more of that this year.  

With that said, it may have been very telling that we have options here.  What that tells me (i'm reaching, I know) is that perhaps Turner didn't leverage some skillsets of existing players to think differently, such as moving Hart to RG.  Maybe we can even get Price up to snuff at Center and utilize Hopkins at guard, or at least make Price a good backup C.  Adeniji got some good game experience over the season and has some tape to work and improve from.  

We need at LEAST average players at every spot, else defenses will key in on the weak link.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham doubts Bengals will sign proven guard - wildcatnku24 - 01-21-2021, 04:02 PM