Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden's first test: pass his covid relief plan or compromise with GOP
(02-01-2021, 02:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Does Biden need to signal to the GOP, "I'm president and I am supported by a majority in Congress. I will ask for your input, something you didn't do in 2017-2018, but I'm not going to drastically shift my agenda for you"?

I think he should do more than "ask for input."

I think he should make a public show of trying to work with the 10, keep their proposals and reasons for not agreeing to the other side before the public.  

The public communication/messaging is all important, so people can see why compromises are accepted or rejected. It's rather like past government shutdown battles, in which it is important to keep blame for failure clear.  I am not certain how sincere the 10 are, since there proposal is so far short of what is needed, but I am sure that other Republicans will be doing their best to prevent Biden from getting any kind of "win," most especially one which proves success at reaching across the aisle.

I expect Biden will have to come down some, but the emphasis should be on concerns expressed by C-Dawg and AU above. 

Get money into the hands of those who won't just save it, but will need to spend it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's first test: pass his covid relief plan or compromise with GOP - Dill - 02-01-2021, 07:53 PM