Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(02-04-2021, 09:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I almost said in my post that he should request a bench trial at this point. We're on the same page, for sure. My only concern if I were him is if the judge gets pissed off enough at him that it could impact things. I know most jurists will still hold to the law but maybe just make some snarky comments in the documents, but everyone is human.

Bench officers are human too, and some of them I've worked with can be downright nasty.  I will say that I've seen very few instances when I thought one went way outside the scope of the law and in every instance but a few it was on the punitive side.  That being said, a judge will be far less likely to be swayed by emotion than a jury, as we both agree.

(02-04-2021, 10:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm no law-talking guy, but I can't imagine how a jury of 12 could NOT include at least one person who thinks the guy is a hero.  Own the libs, vote not guilty. 

You're ignoring the voir dire process.  The DA is going to nuke anyone giving the slightest appearance of being even a little so inclined with preemptory challenges.  You are correct that it only takes one, but they're going to do their best to make sure no one obvious gets on that jury, if a jury trial happens.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-04-2021, 11:02 PM