Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(02-04-2021, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bench officers are human too, and some of them I've worked with can be downright nasty.  I will say that I've seen very few instances when I thought one went way outside the scope of the law and in every instance but a few it was on the punitive side.  That being said, a judge will be far less likely to be swayed by emotion than a jury, as we both agree.

While I am very much on the side of self-defense for Rittenhouse, he will be found guilty for some of the charges because of the whole illegal possession of a firearm situation. In addition, there can be a very convincing argument made that he was the initiator (not saying I agree with that argument, but it can be made) and it could be more likely to convince the judge when he has been acting like a little shit and been hanging out with white supremacist militia types.

(02-04-2021, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're ignoring the voir dire process.  The DA is going to nuke anyone giving the slightest appearance of being even a little so inclined with preemptory challenges.  You are correct that it only takes one, but they're going to do their best to make sure no one obvious gets on that jury, if a jury trial happens.

Not only that, but it takes only one to hang a jury. That can often mean a retrial. So even if there is one in the mix it doesn't automatically mean it will get Rittenhouse off the hook.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Belsnickel - 02-05-2021, 07:33 AM