Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Insiders Don’t Have Us Taking Pitts
(02-07-2021, 05:25 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm good with that.

If kelce wasn't having a standout season on one of the leading passing offenses, most people probably wouldn't be talking about pitts as a top 5 pick. Fewer would be "he's a generational talent" or "he's going to define that position."

If we address the line in fa and could trade back a few spots (and pick up another pick), then sure. But if we're going with receiver id rather have someone more vertical than a tight end.

The hard truth is that the TE position is only a great weapon in offenses that feature them as a focal point of their offensive game plan.  A great example is Jimmy Graham.  When he was with the Saints, people viewed him as the next HOFer at the position.  Then after going to Seattle, where they don't necessarily utilize the TE as effectively, and then with the Bears, he seems more of an afterthought than one of the greatest.

Zac Taylor thus far with the Bengals, as well as his former team, the Rams, don't really make the TE a focal point of the offense.  They drafted a guy like Drew Sample, with his skill set for a reason, that reason is that he fits how they want to incorporate the TE into their offensive game plan.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I agree with you in that if they do go for a receiving weapon at #5, it will most likely be a WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Insiders Don’t Have Us Taking Pitts - SunsetBengal - 02-07-2021, 06:07 PM