Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Insiders Don’t Have Us Taking Pitts
(02-07-2021, 08:31 PM)Benton Wrote: I'll disagree with the failure part and then leave it alone as this doesn't need to devolve into a zac thread.

But, yeah, it does. We've got lots of significant holes. Pitts doesn't fit any of them. Moreover, we don't use tightends much in the passing game. I looked, bottom six or so, even when uzomah was healthy. Picking a receiving tight end as a blocker is like taking a dump truck fullback when you have solid halfbacks and just need a blocker or picking slot receiver who can't block when you need someone to help with the run game.

Pitts is a good te, he just wouldn't be kelce here, which is what people are going to expect.

If Eifert was still here, and playing at a high level I guarantee we’d be higher in TE production even under Taylor. Eifert had the 2nd most receptions on the team in 2019. And that was with him looking like a shell of his former self. I like Uzomah well enough, but there’s a reason him and Sample aren’t a bigger part of the passing game.

But we can just disagree. Personally I think if a coach who’s offense is 29th in the league isn’t willing to reevaluate what he’s doing then that’s a huge problem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Insiders Don’t Have Us Taking Pitts - Nicomo Cosca - 02-07-2021, 08:54 PM