Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Brown Wants Out Of Baltimore!
(02-10-2021, 05:39 PM)The Gooney Rule Wrote: I might have missed some other's thought on this one crucial point of the whole conversation:

He wants to be traded to a place where he can play LT.

So if the Bengals somehow manage to provide enough value for Baltimore to pull the trigger, does that mean it's a given that Williams gets moved to RT? Is he fine with that?

Granted Williams has been injured his first two years, and Brown has played well, but wouldn't Williams be reluctant to switch to the right side for the same logical reasons Brown wants to move to the left - fair or not, LT's usually get paid more?

I would just be wary of giving a division rival a hefty sum to bring in and appease a guy who has already demanded a trade for financial reasons (and a guy who supposedly had some questions about his motivation coming out of college, if I remember correctly), only to then have a delicate conversation with your own high-draft pick currently at Left Tackle, and hope that investment stays happy and productive forcing him to switch positions.

I haven't checked, but won't those two tackle contracts (Brown and Williams) come due at the same time? (Or maybe Williams get a 5th yr option before having to re-up, actually.) But it's likely both of those contracts won't get renewed, so I'm wondering if it's not better to invest heavily in a 1 or 2 yr quality FA lineman now, and draft a quality tackle prospect this year to stagger the due dates on these contracts while getting the maximum value out of each year's salary cap and level of talent across the whole position?

(Side muse - I suppose anything to dump Hart's contract would be a positive impact for the team, even if it means shuffling Williams to RT, should he be agreeable to that.)

Jonah is only as good as his back up at the moment. He may want to be an lt, but he going to have to play more than six games every two years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Orlando Brown Wants Out Of Baltimore! - Benton - 02-10-2021, 06:20 PM