Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Soy Boy, Deep State, China Paid, Antifa Libz...
(02-22-2021, 05:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The issue is that we have a system that tells children without financial literacy skills that the best thing they can do is take tens of thousands in loans to go to college with every year that burden getting higher and higher relative to inflation, tuition, and wages.

Neither of my parents went to college. Neither was in a stable financial situation. One was and still is in debt. They told me to open a credit card to pay $2k I owed a college rather than seeking a loan. I wish I had one adult in my life to tell me that I should go to community college for 2 years or who understood finances. I don't expect anyone to pay my debts now, but the idea that children should understand the consequences of this shitty system that was built and pushed on them is unrealistic.

This is an excellent post.  Maybe public education could have a financial literacy class that was mandatory for their senior year?  It is absolutely true  that if you don't have a smart adult in your life you really start behind the eight ball on things like this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey Soy Boy, Deep State, China Paid, Antifa Libz... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-22-2021, 06:48 PM