Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Soy Boy, Deep State, China Paid, Antifa Libz...
(02-22-2021, 03:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Now our son is in his first year of college.  So far he hasn't needed a supplemental loan but he will, probably next year.  His four years at a state university will actually cost about as much as mine did at a private school 30 years ago when it is all said and done.  Books are more and he doesn't live on campus.  

It's just a crazy game and you have to choose how you are going to play it.

My daughter was saddled with $70,000 in debt for her MA.*

She's been earning more than here parents, though, so I am not especially worried.

Still, something is very wrong. I remember working on crew laying irrigation ditches one summer,
and the income tax return from that (about $440) was enough to pay my sprint tuition.

*The degree was in Opera Performance. And yet she got a good paying job with increasing managerial responsibility at
Korn Ferry in NY.  She was laid off last spring, when COVID hit, spent the summer learning coding, and landed another
good job by Sept. She could not have applied for any of these jobs without some kind of degree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey Soy Boy, Deep State, China Paid, Antifa Libz... - Dill - 02-22-2021, 06:52 PM