Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist
(02-27-2021, 07:37 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: They're not even trying to hide it anymore. I still say, if you want Antifa to go away, Republicans should stop being Fascists. Should someone explain to them that Fascism is 0-1 with military bases of the victors still in their countries 76 years later with no signs of leaving?

This seems a bit like that dust up we had a couple years back about the "hand game" signal used by cadets at a football game.

We don't have enough information to know for sure if the stage intentionally mimicked a rune. I doubt Trump knows much about runes. I am sure some in his entourage/staff know a great deal.  60/40 in favor. And a win for Trump if the MSM discuss this. Real Nazis will see more "secret" support from Trump and non-Nazi supporters will see this as more "fake news" and the MSM attacking anything they can.

A note on the word "fascist." I am aware of no historian or sociologist who studies fascism who thinks Trump or even Trumpism is "fascist." For two reasons:

1) Trump apologists have not yet reached the point where they are peddling the ideal of death in service to the state, and the state as spiritual apotheosis of the nation. The GOP so far has not adopted an internal organization mimicking that of the U.S. state, complete with foreign policy and military arm.  (Not to say there aren't some "real" fascists among the amalgam of groups supporting him, but they do not define policy and ideology, or control party propaganda.) Trump and supporters embrace of authoritarianism creates a family resemblance to fascism--but only on general points common to all illiberal politics.

2) A more accurate and useful term for Trump is "right-wing authoritarian populist."  He checks all the boxes for that, and this keeps us open to new and as-yet-label-defying politics arising from his movement. His very American anti-state supporters fit the definition as well, supporting democracy for the right people, cheering their leader's contempt for rule of law, relishing his scapegoating of minorities and his cherishing conspiracies of control by degenerate elites. Trump stands for them when no one else will.

Even if the rune stage was intentional, I doubt the intention was to create a symbol which could at some point be taken up as a party symbol. But it could very well be playful enticement of people looking for hidden signs, QAnon style. Proof enough for them signals are really there if you look for them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist - Dill - 03-01-2021, 03:59 PM