Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist
(03-02-2021, 02:42 AM)Benton Wrote: While I understand the point, anyone involved would be what, 70-80 now?

It's A- hard to compare something happening in the last few years to something 50 years ago; and B- hard to compare considering the perpetrators are now old enough to be Republicans*.

*That's a joke. Not all Republicans are over 70. Most are mentally under 6 **

** That, also, is a joke. What age do fairy tales stop becoming believable? ***

*** Aw, %$#@ it.

Oh, I don't disagree at all.  The usual suspects will see this as an attempt to excuse or mitigate the Capitol riots.  They think that because that's how they would act and they lack the ability to comprehend that not everyone thinks like them.  I brought this up to point out two things.  One, that their point is hyperbolic in the extreme and that two, political violence is hardly confined to one ideology.  Likening the Capitol riots to 9/11 is both inane and an obvious attempt to tie the far right to terrorists like Al Queda.  Of course the far left posters here will eat that up, but that's because they're driven by partisan ideology.

Do we so quickly forget that a Bernie bro tried to assassinate a large percentage of GOP House members?  Can we not acknowledge that the current climate is bad on both sides?  Can we not claim that right wing protests are "largely peaceful" and then simultaneously realize how stupid that argument is when violence erupts, at any protest?

In any event Nati's statement are just silly and anyone entertaining them is equally silly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-02-2021, 11:20 AM