Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist
(03-03-2021, 12:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think you understand what partisan means.  In this case it would apparently mean being against people who rape, murder children, set people on fire, etc.  I am, you would be correct, hyper against those types of people.

I do, because they are.  I am not on a campaign to label them anything, I am one guy on a message board sub forum that maybe has ~40 unique users at this point (the reasons for this being amusing given the current conversation).  I will absolutely label any human who engages in the type of behavior ISIS does/did on a routine basis as animals.  You don't, which is certainly your prerogative, but you are clearly very comfortable with broad generalizations about other groups.

One sentence you defend your right to label groups "animals." In the next you tell me I am "clearly very comfortable with broad generalizations of other groups. You really can't see when you are doing it.

In any case, "broad generalizations" are useful and generally unproblematic. Hasty/faulty generalizations are the problem.

And our disagreement was never about your right to label other humans animals. It's about you calling me an ISIS supporter if I refused to apply dehumanizing language to other humans. The "hyper-partisanship" manifests itself here not against ISIS, but against an American citizen who was/is not an ISIS supporter.

You told Nati "hyper partisan people see failure to completely agree with them as support for their opposites."

And I then provided multiple examples of you seeing failure to completely agree with you as support for China or ISIS or ANTIFA or MS-13.

Defending your right to label is a diversion, just pretending that's what the argument was about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist - Dill - 03-03-2021, 04:00 PM