Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(03-05-2021, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't think about that being an issue because other teams seem to be able to get OL acclimated, but maybe that's what it is. Perhaps those players who are succeeding are going to (better) outside training sources since there are so many limitations to how much time can be spent with NFL coaches on the field.

With a handful of exceptions, the standard of O-line play is an issue for most teams across the league and I think the lack of development time is a big part of that. Just look at the shortage of decent Tackles out there in free agency. I understand you don't want to overwork veterans but for the practice squad/depth guys it seems crazy that the teams can't do the work that needs doing during the off-season.

If I was in charge I'd look at some sort of developmental league akin to Minor League Baseball that can help develop these guys after college and reward teams that put effort into development. They go from a very structured regimen in College to - a few days of rookie camp aside - having complete autonomy for months on end. Some will thrive on that, others would benefit greatly from additional guidance and support that the teams are prevented from offering as the rules are set up to look after the veterans with their established routines.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 03-05-2021, 11:40 AM