Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(03-06-2021, 10:26 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't understand the faith in any coach to turn water into wine.

What makes you guys say he "has the talent"? He was a 4th round pick and has played like absolute trash his entire time. When he was replaced (FINALLY) the guys off the street who came in were an immediate and apparent upgrade.

I just do not understand the positive talent evaluation from anyone at this point. He gets beat in every conceivable way. The guy has size, but gets rag-dolled. Makes a ton of mental errors, and isn't particularly quick or good at anything.

Jordan is effective pulling Guard, his lateral movement and agility should fit well in a Wide Zone.  It's not all his fault that he was forced into action on a historically bad Bengals OL.  Scheme, coaching and Esprit De Corps can make a huge difference in weather any prospect flourishes or flounders at the next level.

Some, like yourself, are much too quick to dismiss players as "garbage", without acknowledging that those players were all prime prospects, and there are likely factors beyond their immediate control that contribute to their lack of instant success on the NFL field.  Personally, I think it's admirable that he's seeking and accepting help from a man who's been there before.  Just because he got off to a miserable start to his career, does not mean that he still can't coached and developed into a solid, fundamentally strong player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson - SunsetBengal - 03-06-2021, 11:06 AM