Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’
(03-07-2021, 11:46 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They do vote.  They have their own governement.

In distinct politenenss, but: Oh, come on  Wink  I mean, I apparently talk about United States citizens having no vote in elections for United states president, and no representation in the United States legislative body.

I note your counterpoint of them having a governor and a local governement with a certain amount of power that they can vote for. But imho, that is not the issue at hand. At all.

And I doubt this would fly with any other state. Realism aside. If the US say took Wyoming out of the EC and sent their representatives in Congress home. Claiming now come on you people, you don't really pay much federal tax anyway, look at that number it's more of an embarrassment really... and we rather govern the US without you to be frank. - What are you people complaining about? You can still vote for your governor, for your mayors, for dogcatcher, for teacher of the year... so don't make a fuzz about being stripped of your fundamental rights as a citizen. You're still citizens, we'd just rather don't have your input on how to run this country.

Would you accept that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’ - hollodero - 03-07-2021, 12:35 PM